Trade Marks (Amendment) Rules, 2010
1. These rules may be called “the Trade Marks (Amendment) Rules, 2010”.
2. In the Trade Marks Rules, 2002 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 62 in sub-rules (3), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
“Provided that if the Registrar is satisfied with the claim of the registered proprietor supported by evidence that the certificate of registration issued under sub-rule (1) has not been received by the registered proprietor, he may issue duplicate or copy of the certificate of registration without any further payment of fee:
Provided further that, no such duplicate or copy of certification of registration shall be issued where such request is received after the expiry of the time limit for renewal of registration and restoration of the registered trade mark”.
3. In the Fourth Schedule to the said rules, for serial number 42 and the entries relating thereto, the following serial numbers and entries shall be substituted, namely:-
· Class 42- Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; industrial analysis and research services; design and development of computer hardware and software.
· Class 43- Services for providing food and drink; temporary accommodation.
· Class 44- Medical services, veterinary services, hygienic and beauty care for human beings or animals; agriculture, Horticulture and forestry services.
· Class 45- Legal services; security services for the protection of property and individuals; personal and social services rendered by others to meet the needs of individuals.