Technopreneur Promotion Programme
General eligibility criteria is that any individual being a citizen of India, with or without sponsorship, may submit the proposal containing an original idea /invention- explaining the working process, with possible commercial potential.
A start up company whose annual turnover doesn’t exceed Rs. 45 lakhs per annum can also apply for TePP Support.
There are few points that an innovator has to note while applying for this scheme, which are:
· Complete details of the applicant as required under TePP application form has to be mentioned
· No Objection Certificate from the employer has to be submitted in case the applicant is working in an organization.
· Innovations such as software development, only patenting, basic scientific research projects having no immediate commercial implications are not accepted.
· Selected applicant must be ready to contribute 10% against the sanctioned amount
· Only one proposal from an individual innovator would be considered at a time
The applicant can submit the proposal either online through the following link http://oscar.iitb.ac.in/TEPP/reglogin.do or submit the application offline with the following documents:
- Residential proof
- Acknowledgement card
The application should be mailed to nearest Outreach centers (list of Outreach centers are provided in this link http://oscar.iitb.ac.in/TEPP/teppoutreach.do).
Further, registration process and application form are provided in the TePP website http://oscar.iitb.ac.in/TEPP/howtosubmit.do.
TePP is basically divided under following phases:
- Phase I: Micro Technopreneurship Support- With respect to MicroTePP, individual student innovators are eligible to apply with No-objection Certificate from the Head of their Institution.
- Phase I: TePP Project Fund (TPF)- any individual innovators like micro and small entrepreneurs and Start-up firms / incubated firms with turnover less than Rs 45 lakhs can apply
- Phase II: Supplementary TePP Fund- Applicant who have completed phase I are eligible to apply. The Maximum support under this category is Rs 7,50,000/- subject to maximum 90% of approved project cost
- Phase II: Seamless Scale-up Support for TePP
Under TePP support system, the administrative body is called TePP Screening Committee. It consists of chairman, member secretary and other members.
The Screening Committee ensures that there is an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) between Innovator and TePP. Interestingly, it is clearly specified that the Intellectual property rights will remain with Innovator only.
Further, Screening Committee selects Prototype Centers by advertising the proposal as invitation to form Prototype Centers. They act as a singe window service to TePP innovators to convert their idea into a function proving prototype.
Screening Committee is authorized to select certain technology experts having interest to offer their services to innovators. They are termed as “Technology Angels”. The list of such angel shall be announced by TePP periodically. TePP Shall have separate agreement (NDA) with each such angels. Individual Innovators are also permitted to have separate agreement with these angels for technical consultancy at mutual agreed terms. Whenever a proposal is referred to these angels, they are paid honorarium as per applicable rules by DSIR.
TePP very clearly indicates the in all cases the Intellectual property rights will remain with Innovator only.
Contributed by Adithi